Dear Families: Strong faculty support has made it possible for CMC to send over 40% of each graduating class abroad each year. We would not be able to do so however without strong support from you, our families. We invite you to become a partner in your student's opportunity of a lifetime. Together we can make it happen. We hope to answer many of your questions. Feel free to contact us if we can be of any help.
- Why Study Abroad?
- When to Study Abroad?
- Family Timeline
- Health Insurance
- Health and Safety
- Emotional Matters
What can parents do to help?
- Send your student back to campus with a valid passport
- Engage discussion with your student
- Help your student with the visa application if necessary
- Take the lead regarding health insurance
- Challenge and engage your student to read about the host country
- Remind your student about taking responsibility for his or her own safety while abroad
- Make sure he or she packs clothing that is acceptable in the host culture
- Offer support during the period of cultural adjustment
Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions. Additionally, some of you may be interested in more information: