Shana Levin, Ph.D.
Selected Research and Publications
- Pratto, F., Sidanius, J., BouZeineddine, F., Kteily, N., & Levin, S. (2014). When domestic politics and international relations intermesh: Subordinated publics’ factional support within layered power structures. Foreign Policy Analysis, 10, 127-148.
- Guimond, S., Crisp, R. J., De Oliveira, P., Kamiejski, R., Kteily, N., Kuepper, B., Lalonde, R. N., Levin, S., Pratto, F., Tougas, F., Sidanius, J., & Zick, A. (2013). Diversity policy, social dominance, and intergroup relations: Predicting prejudice in changing social and political contexts. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 104, 941-958.
- Levin, S., Pratto, F., Matthews, M., Sidanius, J., & Kteily, N. (2013). A dual process approach to understanding prejudice toward Americans in Lebanon: An extension to intergroup threat perceptions and emotions. Group Processes and Intergroup Relations, 16, 139-158.
- Levin, S., Matthews, M., Guimond, S., Sidanius, J., Pratto, F., Kteily, N., Pitpitan, E. V., & Dover, T. (2012). Assimilation, multiculturalism, and colorblindness: Mediated and moderated relationships between social dominance orientation and prejudice. Journal of Experimental Social Psychology, 48, 207-212.
- Matthews, M., & Levin, S. (2012). Testing a dual process model of prejudice: Assessment of group threat perceptions and emotions. Motivation and Emotion, 36, 564-574.
Selected Awards and Affiliations
- Recipient of the 2012 G. David Huntoon Senior Teaching Award, Claremont McKenna College
- Recipient of the 2007 Western Psychological Association Early Career Research Award in recognition of exceptional achievements which have contributed to the advancement of the science and profession of psychology
- Elected a Fellow of the Society for the Psychological Study of Social Issues in recognition of outstanding contributions to the study of social issues
- Elected a Fellow of the Western Psychological Association in recognition of outstanding and unusual contributions to the science and profession of psychology
- Elected a Fellow of the Society of Experimental Social Psychology in recognition of substantial contribution to social psychology as an empirical science
Shana Levin, Ph.D.
Crown Professor of Psychology and Roberts Fellow
Education: B.A., University of California, Berkeley, Summa Cum Laude and Phi Beta Kappa; M.A., Ph.D., University of California, Los Angeles
Monday, 03:00PM - 04:00PM
Wednesday, 10:00AM - 11:00AM
Phone: (909) 607-5089
Fax: (909) 621-8419
Address: Seaman Hall 230
Curriculum Vitae: CV
For more information, please contact the Claremont McKenna College Public Affairs Office at (909) 621-8099