At Claremont McKenna College, Senior Thesis is a general education requirement, to be completed within a student’s major. It is intended to be a serious exercise in the organization and presentation of written material and act as a capstone of the student's studies. Students select their own topics, in consultation with their faculty reader. Students pursuing honors within their major(s) should consult their department chair(s) for guidelines pertinent to the senior thesis requirement. Students are responsible for determining their departmental requirements.
A mandatory meeting will be held the first Thursday of each new semester at 11AM during which the requirements and standards for the senior thesis will be explained. This is the only such meeting: therefore all questions should be raised at that time. It is each student's responsibility to attend this meeting and to obtain the materials distributed at the meeting.
Important Links and Essential Forms:
- Thesis Syllabus 2012-2013 PDF (123K)
- Senior Thesis Topic Form PDF (51K)
- Senior Thesis Topic Exception Request Form PDF (20K)
- Sample Title Page PDF (10K)
- Editable Title Page PDF (10K)
- Tips for Successful Thesis Submission PDF (16K)
- Tips for Successful Thesis Formatting PDF
- Scholarship@Claremont Upload Instructions PDF (932K)
- Scholarship@Claremont Embargo Request Form PDF (13K)
- Scholarship@Claremont Exemption Request Form PDF (18K)
- Keck Science Thesis Information
- The Writing Center
- The Writing Center Online Resources