Leadership Development Programs
Beyond the classroom, the Robert Day School facilitates a variety of programs to enhance the students’ educational experience. Students will have the opportunity to participate in the following activities:
- Workshops focused on developing technical fluency in finance
- The Robert Day School Distinguished Speaker Series which provides students with exposure to leaders in business, finance, and government who share their perspectives on leadership, management, and life after CMC
- The annual Robert Day School Case Competition enables students to work in teams while creating solutions to a real-world business issue; winners of the competition receive a cash prize
- Company visits to prospective employers who share insights regarding their industry
- Networking events where students build relationships with peers, alumni, and employers while establishing a strong network of personal and institutional contacts
These activities are designed to enable students to develop the skill set necessary to excel at the start of their careers. By emphasizing leadership development in all phases of these programs, participants become well-rounded students with a range of abilities.
Through their participation in six leadership development workshops each academic year, Robert Day Scholars receive a Certificate of Leadership Development at the conclusion of the academic year. The Scholars’ workshops emphasize strengthening oral and written communication skills, improving their ability to make reasoned and ethical decisions, and receiving experiential leadership training. The Scholars are also actively engaged in the community through the Robert Day School’s partnership with Junior Achievement of Southern California who offers a venue for Robert Day Scholars to provide financial literacy training to local teenagers.