- Ask the caller questions: Where is the bomb? When is the bomb set to go off? What does it look like?
- Take notes on everything said and be sure to notice any background noise, voice characteristics, etc.
- Evacuate the building.
- Report the threat immediately to Campus Safety at ext. 72000 and your building coordinator.
Crime In Progress
- DO NOT attempt to approach the criminal.
- Call Campus Safety immediately -- ext. 72000.
- Make a mental note of the perpetrator and your surroundings, as you will be asked for any descriptions you can provide.
- Take cover under a desk or table, protecting as much of your body as possible, especially your head and neck.
- Stay away from windows and objects that may fall.
- DO NOT leave your building until instructed to do so.
- If you are outdoors, stay in an open area away from trees, buildings, and overhead wires.
- After shaking stops, evacuate to your designated evacuation area, on the address side of your building, and report to your building coordinator.
- Calmly and quietly walk to the nearest exit.
- DO NOT use elevators
- Report to your designated evacuation site and check in with your building coordinator.
- Follow the instructions of your building coordinator or other emergency personnel.
- Activate the closest fire alarm.
- Evacuate to the designated evacuation area - on the address side of your building - and report to your building coordinator.
- Call ext. 72000 and report the location and nature of the fire.
Lockdown (Outside Threat)
- Go to the closest lockable location.
- Communicate, once locked down, with authorities.
- Remain locked down as long as necessary.
- Cooperate with rescuers.
- Plan on interviews with authorities after the incident.
- Dial ext. 72000 and report the nature of the illness or injury and the location.
- Notify your immediate supervisor or building coordinator.