Catherine L. Reed, Ph.D.
I am a cognitive neuroscientist in the Psychology Dept at CMC and Neuroscience group at Keck Science. Using EEG and behavioral methods, my research examines influences of the body on attention, perception, emotional processing, and economic decision making with a particular focus on interpersonal body perception and emotional perception.
Areas of Expertise
Cognitive Neuroscience, Neuropsychology, Cognition, Experimental Psychology, Human Behavior and Human Factors, Non-Verbal Communication, Neuroimaging, Electroencephalography, Multisensory Perception
Selected Research and Publications
- Reed CL, Leland DS, Brekke B and Hartley AA (2013) Attention's grasp: early and late hand proximity effects on visual evoked potentials. Frontiers in Psychology, 4, 420. doi: 10.3389/fpsyg.2013.00420.
- Reed, C.L., & McIntosh, D.N. (2013). The response is more than reflection: Mirror neurons function within social contexts. Cortex, 49(10), 2960-2961. doi: 10.1016/j.cortex.2013.04.004
- Garza, J., Strom, M., Wright, C.E, Roberts, R., & Reed, C.L. (2013). Top-down influences mediate hand bias in spatial attention, Attention, Perception, & Psychophysics, 75, 819-823.
- Park, G., Strom, M., & Reed, C.L. (2013). To the end! Distribution of attention along a tool in peri- and extrapersonal space. Experimental Brain Research, 227, 423-432.
- Kline, S. & Reed, C.L. (2012). Altered perception: The influence of dimension, speed, and direction on time perception. Attention, Perception & Psychophysics.
Selected Awards and Affiliations
- Adjunct Professor of Psychology and Developmental Cognitive Neuroscience, University of Denver
- Fellow, Association for Psychological Science
- Fellow, Western Psychological Association
- 2012-2015 NSF BCS 11-51209, “Embodied Attention: Attentional Guidance by Body Position”
- 2010-2012 NSF BCS-1039791, Major Research Instrumentation Program: Instrument Acquisition or Development “MRI: Acquisition of a High-Density Electrophysiology Laboratory for Intercollegiate Research and Training in Cognitive Neuroscience”
Catherine L. Reed, Ph.D.
McElwee Family Professor of Psychology and George R. Roberts Fellow
Education: Ph.D. University of California,
Tuesday, 02:45PM - 03:45PM
Thursday, 02:45PM - 03:45PM
Phone: (909) 607-0740
Fax: (909) 621-8419
Address: Seaman Hall 224
Website: Web Site
Curriculum Vitae: CV
For more information, please contact the Claremont McKenna College Public Affairs Office at (909) 621-8099