The CMC Financial Aid Office places certain expectations upon all supervisors who participate in the Federal Work-Study program. The supervisors must be willing to undertake the following responsibilities and perform the following duties:
- Supervisors are responsible for providing accurate and current job descriptions for each FWS position available in their department on the ClaremontConnect database.
- Supervisors are responsible for keeping an accurate and complete daily account of hours worked by each student employee. It is a violation of the State & Federal Labor Laws to not pay employees in a timely manner. Therefore, it is important that student hours are submitted online according to the CMC Student Payroll Schedule.
- It is strongly recommended that students work no more than 20 hours per week. Never submit hours worked with more than eight (8) hours recorded in one day or (40) hours in one week. It is required that students who work more than five (5) hours take at least a half-hour break. Additionally, a student cannot work more than six (6) consecutive days.
- The supervisor is responsible for dealing directly with a student's work related problems. Each student must be assigned to a supervisor who would be responsible for all communications relating to the student's job.
- A supervisor who hires a Federal Work-Study student shares responsibility with the student to monitor her/his earnings.
- It is the supervisor's responsibility to submit or instruct the student to submit the Personnel Action Form to Agnes Sanchez in the Human Resources Office at least 24 hours before the start date of employment, unless other arrangements have been made.
- Supervisors are accountable for the hours their students report under the Federal Work-Study Program. It is your responsibility to make sure that all hours are being reported correctly and accurately before approving the hours online.