Office of the Registrar
Claremont McKenna College
500 E. Ninth Street
Claremont, CA 91711-6400
Phone: (909) 621-8101
Fax: (909) 607-6015
The Family Educational Right to Privacy Act (FERPA) of 1974 precludes the release of academic information without a student’s written consent. In order to comply with FERPA, transcripts must be requested in writing. To request your transcript, you may fill out and sign a transcript request form in our office, or send a completed and signed form by fax or mail. Completed and signed forms may also be scanned and sent via email. We are unable to accept requests via phone. Also, Claremont McKenna College will not issue a transcript for any students or alumni who are indebted to the college.
Please include the following information when you are requesting a transcript:
- Your full legal name (if you attended under a different name, please include both your current and former names)
- Your CMC student ID number or the last 4 digits of your Social Security number
- Your date of birth
- Your dates of attendance at CMC
- Your return address, phone number, and email address (if available)
- The full postal address to which we should send your transcript
- Your signature
- Any notes, special instructions, or forms to be included with the transcript
Printable Transcript Request Form.
Claremont McKenna College does not charge a fee for transcripts.
Transcripts will be delivered by first class US Mail. Postage will be paid by the college. We do not fax transcripts. We do not provide electronic copies of transcripts. If you need to expedite shipping, we can send your documents by Federal Express. You must provide us with your major credit card number and expiration date, or a Fed-Ex account number, so that Federal Express can bill you directly for delivery charges. If you do not have either a credit card or Fed-Ex account, please call us for more information. Please do not mail a check for Fed-Ex payment. While Federal Express will expedite delivery, please note that this delivery option does not expedite the time required to process a transcript request.
- Claremont McKenna College issues only official transcripts for former students. We can issue both official and unofficial “working copy” transcripts for current students.
- Official transcripts are identifiable by the Registrar’s signature and a pre-printed College Seal.
- Transcripts are normally processed in 2-3 business days. Transcript processing may be delayed during “busy” times of the semester: during pre-registration week and while grades are being processed. Please be aware that transcript requests received during such times may take a little longer to process.
- While Federal Express will expedite delivery, it does not expedite the time required to process a transcript request.
- Transcript services for current students are suspended during grade entry periods at the end of each semester. Transcript services resume after final grades for the semester are visible on the student portal.
- Administrative offices at CMC close for the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day. We will resume transcript services when we return after the closure.