Return to Board of Governors
Robert J. Lowe '62
Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Lowe Enterprises, Inc.
As Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Lowe Enterprises, Inc., Mr. Lowe oversees the operations of this multi-faceted real estate company. The business activities of Lowe Enterprises include the management of real estate investments for pension funds and other investors; the development and management of commercial properties; the development and management of resorts and hotels; the development of residential properties; and the general management of complex real estate problems and organizations on behalf of institutional clients. Mr. Lowe was the principal founding shareholder in 1972 of the corporation which became Lowe Enterprises, Inc. Prior to establishing the Lowe group of companies, he held various management positions in public and private corporations.
Mr. Lowe is a graduate of Claremont McKenna College with a degree in Economics, Cum Laude; and the Stanford Graduate School of Business with an M.B.A. He attended Stanford on an H.B. Earhart Fellowship.
Current Directorships and Affiliations
• Director and past Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Los Angeles Metropolitan YMCA
• Member and past Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Real Estate Roundtable
• Member of the Board of Trustees of Claremont McKenna College and past Chairman
• Chairman and co-founder of the Lowe Institute of Political Economy of Claremont McKenna College
• Director of AECOM Corporation
• Director of the Los Angeles Area Chamber of Commerce
• Chairman of the New Los Angeles Marketing Partnership
• Appointed by Governor Wilson to serve on the California Economic Strategy Panel
• Appointed by Governor Wilson to The Military Base Reuse Task Force of California
• Vice Chair of the Economy and Efficiency Commission for Los Angeles County
• Member of Blue Ribbon Children's Planning Committee of Los Angeles County
• Member of Young Presidents' Organization and past President of the Los Angeles Chapter; currently member of Chief Executives Organization
• Director and member of the Executive Committee of the Economic Development Corporation of Los Angeles County
• Elder in the Presbyterian Church
• Los Angeles Area Chamber of Commerce “Lifetime Achievement” Award
• City of Hope “Spirit of Life” Award, 2000
• UCLA and Los Angeles Times’ 2000 Real Estate Forecast Award.
• Boy Scouts of America “Distinguished Eagle Scout Award, 1998
• National Real Estate Entrepreneur of the Year for Real Estate and Construction, 1997
• Greater Los Angeles Area Real Estate Entrepreneur of the Year 1997
• Los Angeles Mayor’s “City of Angels Award”, 1996
• National Conference of Christians and Jews Real Estate & Construction Industries Humanitarian Award, 1993
• Selected 1988 "Entrepreneur of the Year" by the Stanford Graduate School of Business, Los Angeles Chapter