CMC IPTV - BETAWindows XP Service Pack 2 Firewall for Windows Media Player Multicast Setup
1. Click the Start button, and then click Control Panel.
2. If your control panel looks like the screenshot below, click the "Switch to Classic View" link on the left.
3. Once in the classic view, double click on "Windows Firewall."
4. Click on the "Exceptions" tab in the Windows Firewall configuration window.
5. If Windows Media Player is listed in the Programs and Services window, make sure that it is checked and then click "OK." If Windows Media Player is not listed, click the "Add Program..." button and continue to step 6.
6. Windows now lists additional applications that you can select to add to your firewall configuration. If Windows Media Player is in the list, click on it, and click "OK." This will return you to the window shown above in step 5 where you will need to ensure that a check mark appears next to Windows Media Player. Once this is done, click "OK" to save the new settings. If Windows Media Player is not listed, please click the "Browse..." button and continue to step 7.
7. To navigate to the default Windows Media Player installation, click on "My Computer" in the lower-left-hand side of the Browse window. Next, double click the "Local Disk (C:)" or your system drive if you have configured it with a different name.
8. Double click on the "Program Files" directory and then double click on the Windows Media Player directory.
9. Finally, double click on the "wmplayer" application.
10. Wmplayer should now be a member of the "Add a Program" list which you can select and then click "OK." This will return you to the window shown above in step 5 where you will need to ensure that a check mark appears next to "wmplayer." Once this is done, click "OK" to save the new settings.
11. You are done!
Center Court, Module A
500 E. Ninth Street
Claremont, CA 91711
Roberts South, Lower Level
325 E. Eighth Street
Claremont, CA 91711