Applying to CMC as an International StudentCMC only accepts the Common Application. Students must also submit the CMC Supplemental Form. Please note that international students (all students that are not US Citizens) may only apply for freshman or transfer admission enrolling in the fall semester.
- School Report and Transcript: Your college counselor must complete The School Report and you must submit an official transcript of your secondary school record and the results of national exams, such as the GCSE 'O' and 'A' level and International Baccalaureate exams. All transcripts and exam results not in English must be accompanied with a certified translation of the records.
- Two Teacher Evaluations: A letter of recommendation from two teachers in a solid academic area (English, mathematics, languages, sciences or social sciences).
- Midyear Report: This form must be completed by your counselor and should not be submitted until your first semester or trimester senior grades are available.
- Essays: You must complete the Common Application Personal Statement and the CMC Analytical Essay (essay topic located in the Supplemental Form).
- Standardized Tests:The Admission Committee will consider your highest individual SAT or ACT scores. All scores must be submitted directly to CMC by the appropriate testing agency. Scores received via any other means (e.g., fax or on a high school transcript) will not be considered valid. Results from the TOEFL, IELTS, or Cambridge English: Advanced exam are required of all students whose first language is not English unless the student's primary language of instruction during high school was English. For TOEFL, a score of 100 or higher is required on the iBT exam. For IELTS, we require a minimum band score of 7. For Cambridge English: Advanced, a score of 70 or higher is required.
- Credit may be awarded for Advanced Placement and International Baccalaureate for some exams. Departments may grant credit for AP scores of 4 or 5, and IB (higher level only) scores of 6 or 7.
- If you will be applying for financial aid, please submit the Application for Financial Aid or CSSPROFILE along with the Certification of Finances form and your application. For more information on International Financial Aid click here.
If you have any questions or would like additional information please contact:
Associate Dean of Admission
Office of Admission & Financial Aid
888 Columbia Avenue
Claremont McKenna College
Claremont, CA 91711-6425
Accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges.