Chiu-Yen Kao, Ph.D.
Areas of Expertise
Selected Research and Publications
- Region-Specific Relationships Between Refractive Error and Ciliary Muscle Thickness in Children by Andrew D. Pucker, Loraine T. Sinnott, Chiu-Yen Kao, Melissa D. Bailey (accepted by Journal of Investigate Ophthalmology & Visual Science, 2013)
- Bounded Domain Problem for the Modified Buckley-Leverett Equation by Ying Wang and Chiu-Yen Kao (accepted by Journal of Dynamics and Differential Equations, 2013)
- Minimal Convex Combinations of Sequential Laplace-Dirichlet Eigenvalues by Braxton Osting and Chiu- Yen Kao, SIAM Journal of Scientific Computation, 35(3), pages B731-B750, 2013
- Convergent Finite Difference Methods for One-Dimensional Fully Nonlinear Second Order Partial Differential Equations by Xiaobing Feng, Chiu-Yen Kao, and Thomas Lewis, Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, 254, pages 81-98, 2013
- Geometric Computation of Human Gyrification Indexes from Magnetic Resonance Images by Shu Su, Tonya White, Marcus Schmidt, Chiu-Yen Kao, and Guillermo Sapiro, Human Brain Mapping, 34(5), pages 1230-1244, 2013
Selected Awards and Affiliations
- NSF Grant DMS 1318364 (1216742): Closest point methods for eigenvalue problems from inhomogeneous structures (PI) 01/01/13 (08/01/12)-07/31/15
- Northrop Grumman Corporation MOU: Application of level set numerical methods to the design of optical metamaterials (PI) 10/01/10-09/30/12
- NSF Grant DMS 0811003: Shape and topological optimization on elliptic eigenvalue problems in inhomogeneous media (PI) 07/01/08-06/30/11
- Alfred P. Sloan Research Fellowship, 2009;
IMA Impacts; NSF Highlights: Mind-Bending Math, 2006
- Medical Image Analysis second Best MICCAI Paper Award, 2005
Chiu-Yen Kao, Ph.D.
Education: University of California, Los Angeles, 2004 Ph.D.
Department: Mathematics & Computer Science
Phone: (909) 607-1066
Address: Adams Hall 206
Website: Web Site
Curriculum Vitae: CV
For more information, please contact the Claremont McKenna College Public Affairs Office at (909) 621-8099