Chiu-Yen Kao, Ph.D.
Selected Research and Publications
- Efficient Rearrangement Algorithms for Shape Optimization on Elliptic Eigenvalue Problems by Chiu- Yen Kao and Shu Su (accepted by Journal of Scientific Computing, 2012)
- Propagation of Cutaneous Thermal Injury: A Mathematical Model by Chuan Xue, Ching-Shan Chou,
Chiu-Yen Kao, Avner Friedman, and Chandan Sen, Wound Repair and Regeneration, 20(1), pages 114-
- Changes in Ciliary Muscle Thickness During Accommodation in Children by Helen Annie Lewis, Chiu-Yen Kao, Loraine T. Sinnott, and Melissa D. Bailey, Optometry and Vision Science, 89(5), pages 727-737,
- Measuring Ciliary Muscle Thickness Changes with Accomodation in Young Adults by Laura Ashley E.
Lossing, Loraine T. Sinnott, Chiu-Yen Kao, Kathryn Richdale, and Melissa D. Bailey, Optometry and
Vision Science, 89(5), Pages 719-726, 2012
- Principal Eigenvalue Minimization for an Elliptic Problem with Indefinite Weight and Robin Boundary
Conditions by Michael Hintermuller, Chiu-Yen Kao, Antoine Laurain, Applied Mathematics and
Optimization, 65, pages 111-146, 2012
Selected Awards and Affiliations
- NSF Grant DMS 1216742: Closest point methods for eigenvalue problems from inhomogeneous
structures (PI) 08/01/12-07/31/15
- Northrop Grumman Corporation MOU: Application of level set numerical methods to the design of optical metamaterials (PI) 10/01/10-09/30/12
- NSF Grant DMS 0811003: Shape and topological optimization on elliptic eigenvalue problems in inhomogeneous media (PI) 07/01/08-06/30/11
- Alfred P. Sloan Research Fellowship, 2009;
IMA Impacts; NSF Highlights: Mind-Bending Math, 2006
- Medical Image Analysis second Best MICCAI Paper Award, 2005
Chiu-Yen Kao, Ph.D.
Education: University of California, Los Angeles, 2004 Ph.D.
Department: Mathematics & Computer Science
Monday, 02:30PM - 03:30PM
Wednesday, 02:30PM - 03:30PM
Phone: (909) 607-1066
Address: Adams Hall 206
Website: Web Site
Curriculum Vitae: CV
For more information, please contact the Claremont McKenna College Public Affairs Office at (909) 621-8099