Religious Studies Faculty & Student News
SPRING & SUMMER 2010
- Gary Gilbert on Archaeology dig in Israel
- History of World Christianity class for CMC Summer School Program
- Elaisha Nandrajog wins best CMC RS and International Relations senior thesis award for her thesis on "Hindutva and Anti-Muslim Communal Violence in Indian Under the Bharatiya Janata party (1990-2010), Readers: Gaston Espinosa & Rod Camp
- Daniel Michon, Presentation, “Negotiating the Global with the Local: Translating Christianity in Modern East Asia,” invited discussant for panel on Protestant Christianity, Capitalism, and Modernity, Claremont, CA
- Gary Gilbert has been named president of the Pacific Coast Region of the Society of Biblical Literature
-Daniel Michon, Presentation, “Of Archives and Archaeology: ‘Rediscovering’ Sanghol and Future Possibilities for Indian Archaeology,” presented at Sanghol and the Archaeology of Punjab, India International Center, New Delhi, India
- Daniel Michon, Presentation, “Sanghol and Post-Independence Archaeologies of India,” presented at Expanding Horizons: Sikh and Punjab Studies at the turn of the 21st Century, University of California, Santa Barabara, CA
- Gaston Espinosa, Seminar on “Religion, Barack Obama, and the 2008 Presidential Election,” Swedish Parliament, October 15, 2009.
- Gaston Espinosa, Presentation, “Barack Obama, Religion, and the 2008 Election,” Centre d’etudes et de recherches internationals (CERI), Sciences Po, Paris, France, October 13, 2009.
- Daniel Michon, Presentation, “Space and Place in Ancient Punjab,” National Endowment for the Humanities Digital Start-up Grant Directors’ Meeting, Washington, DC
- Gary Gilbert Studies in Israel (find out details if you can via press releases)
- Gaston Espinosa, Panelist, European Pentecostal Charismatic Research Association Conference, St. Anne’s College, Oxford, England, August 16, 2009.